This Bison Stroganoff is so fast and delicious. The bison brings a rich flavor that blends so well with the mushrooms and greek yogurt.
- 2 pounds cubed bison roast or round steak
- Salt, pepper, garlic spice, and onion herb mix
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup minced onion3 cloves garlic
- 2T butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2T Better than Bullion Beef flavor
- 3T Flour (we use gluten-free “Perfect Flour”)
- 1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 2 packages noodles (we use Banzai gluten-free fusilli)
Season bison cubes with salt, pepper, and spices. Add oil to the pressure cooker and sauté the meat until browned (approx 40 min). Then put the lid on and pressure cook on high for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, sauté onions, garlic, and mushrooms in butter with salt and pepper.
Once bison is done, do a quick release. Mix the flour and Better than Bullion with warm water and add to the bison in the pressure cooker. Add the mushroom mixture and stir. Bring to a low boil to heat everything through. Turn down the heat to warm, fold in sour cream or yogurt. Serve over cooked noodles.