This recipe won the chili cook-off at the Gonzaga Prep Lacrosse banquet 😉
- 1# ground bison
- 2 cans (14-16 oz each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-16 oz each) diced tomatoes with juice
- ¼ cup taco spice mix
- Brown ground bison meat and add the taco spice mix
- Add drained kidney beans and tomatoes in juice, simmer for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve over rice with mayonnaise (Seriously, you will be glad you did.)
- Makes 3-4 quarts of chili. Serves a lot of people when you add the rice.
- Mix it up variation: Add one can of corn and 1pkg kielbasa sausage, sliced.