- 2 racks (about 4 lbs.) bison ribs
- salt, pepper, and coarsely ground garlic powder to taste
- Bast with Merlot barbecue sauce–see preparation below–or your favorite
Place bison ribs meat side up on a roasting rack in pan. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast in preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F and roast additional 30 minutes.
After 60 minutes of roasting, roast additional 30 minutes, basting ribs generously every 10 minutes with Merlot barbecue sauce.
Cut between ribs and serve.
Merlot Barbecue Sauce:
- 2/3 cup catsup
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp Merlot wine
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp ground mace or nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ to ½ tsp red pepper sauce
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Makes about 1 ¼ cups of sauce.
*Recipe from the National Bison Association